After the flocculator process the raw water will enter the flotation unit. The flocks will float to the surface and will automatically and continuously be removed by a scraper mechanism. The flotation unit is equipped with a lamella plate pack which increases the separation area and thus ensures that even the smallest flocks are removed from the water. The on-built recirculation/aeration system is equipped with patented non-clogging aeration devices and its unique design ensures formation of the very fine air bubbles required. The flotation unit includes a scraper and automatic drain valves for removing any settled material.
Specific features of the flotation are:
- compact built unit with a plate pack system which requires a minimum of floor area;
- laminar flow through the flotation unit which assures maximum removal efficiency;
- unit can handle some sediment which is collected and removed by a scraper system;
- special designed aeration system which includes a special centrifugal pump and includes special patented aeration devices (clog free). Aeration devices are self-cleaning and do not need any adjustments during operation (no throttling valves);
- unit is shipped pre-assembled so minimum of installation on site is required;
- due to the optimal aeration system and the sludge thickening/scraper system a high dry solids content will be reached.